Motorcycle Accidents: A Case Study
Motorcycle Accidents: A Case Study by a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Injured in a motorcycle accident? Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice for free, 24-7: (314) 962-5100.
At the Mueller Law Practice, we solve problems. Call a St Louis motorcycle accident lawyer now. We help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: 314.614.4662
A CASE STUDY:
On May 22, 2014, at 1:48 pm, Plaintiff was driving a motorcycle northbound on McCausland in the City of St. Louis. He was in the center-through lane. He had a solid green light. He had the right of way.
At that time and place, Defendant was driving a 1998 Chevy Blazer southbound on McCausland in the City of St. Louis. He was in the left turn lane. He also had a solid green light.
Then, Defendant attempted his left turn, eastbound onto Manchester. Because he had a solid green light, Defendant was required to yield the right of way to on-coming traffic.
Defendant failed to yield, he made his left turn, and he impacted with Plaintiff’s motorcycle, thereby causing this accident.
We took the case. The insurance company denied the claim. We filed suit, alleging:
- He failed to yield the right of way;
- He violated the ordinances of the City of St. Louis, including Section 17.16.140.B, which provides: “The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left within an intersection or into an alley, private road, or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle approaching from the opposite direction which is within the intersection or so close thereto as to constitute an immediate hazard,” thereby constituting negligence per se;
- He negligently violated the ordinances of the City of St. Louis, including Section 17.16.150.A, which provides: “No person shall turn a vehicle or move right or left upon a roadway unless and until such movement can be made with reasonable safety, nor without giving an appropriate signal,” thereby constituting negligence per se
- He failed to yield the right-of-way to plaintiff, although plaintiff’s vehicle entered the intersection before the defendant did so;
- He proceeded to make a left turn across a line of oncoming traffic at a time when such vehicles, including plaintiff’s motorcycle, were so close that a collision was likely to occur;
- He operated his vehicle at an excessive rate of speed;
- He failed to keep a careful lookout;
Legal Representation You Can Trust
Have you or someone you know been involved in a motorcycle accident and suffered serious injuries? If so, contact a St. Louis Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice, LLC, for a FREE consultation regarding your personal injury claim.
When you call us you will talk to an actual lawyer and we will come to your home if that’s what works best for you.
We only represent injury victims. No fee unless you recover a settlement.
Call now, then decide: 314.421.4441 or Greg@InjuryLawStL.com
If you have suffered a motorcycle accident or injury, call a St Louis Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice, LLC, for a free case evaluation: (314) 421-4441.
Speak with live attorney about your claim. Evenings and Weekends: (314) 962-5100.
We offer free phone consultations 24/7, and no fees or costs. At the Mueller Law Practice, we listen to you.
Serving Missouri and Illinois. Learn more: 314.421.4441.